Way back in June, I had the idea of Deathgrind D&D, after playing hours of Dungeon Robber, and thought it would work well for a birthday D&D game. Well... my birthday came and went and I didn't run Deathgrind D&D, but in the last few weeks I've buckled down and gotten it written out to a point where I can run it for Extra Life 2016. So, without further ado, here is a re-written pitch and rules and what-not...
But actually, before that, please consider donating to my Extra Life. Thanks for your support!
Semi-Competi-Comic-Death Grind D&D
Full Deathgrind D&D pitch and rules
- Mage Slayer
- You have an unreasonable hatred of Spellcasters and are unable to target any other creatures or take any action aside from making an attack whose target includes at least one enemy Spellcaster unless you use a bonus action to focus. This affiliction does not cause you to have any enmity towards PC Spellcasters. Gain 1 XP for surviving any encounter where this Dooom! comes into play.
- Afraid of the Dark
- You are afraid of the Dark and suffer from the Frightened condition in any encounter where you can see an area of Darkness larger than a 5' square until you make a DC 12 WIS saving throw or until the Darkness has been illuminated. Gain 1 XP for surviving any encounter where this Dooom! comes into play.
- You are vulnerable (take 2x damage) from Slashing damage. Gain 1 XP for surviving any encounter where this Dooom! comes into play.
- Gear Smasher
- Once per encounter you can declare an attack against a Construct to be a Critical Hit, before or after the roll is made.
- Ghost Flub
- Once an encounter you can declare any attack made by an Undead that targets or includes you as a target as a Critical Miss.
- Blessed Entropy
- Once an encounter you tell the DM that any single non-construct, non-trap inanimate object breaks. You can suggest how this happens, but the final call is the DM's, but as long as the object is not a trap or a construct it will break by the start of your next turn.
- Luck Deck
- You are turned into a Gelatinous Cube
- Your armor become a suit of Plate Mail
- You are under the "Reduce" effect of an Enlarge/Reduce spell for the remainder of the combat.
- Room Names
- The Fiery Maze of Crystal Bone Hands
- The Green and Purple Pit of Souls Inscrutable
- The Deadly Prison of Ancient Copper Eyes
- Fastest PC Death
- Most Humorous Monster Kill
- Most Natural 1's by a Player
- Most Natural 20's by a Player
- Most Dead PCs
- Most XP earned by a Player
- PC with most Encounters Survived
- PC with the most Loot